By Okim Kang,April Ginther
Assessment in moment Language Pronunciation highlights the significance of pronunciation within the evaluate of moment language talking skillability. top researchers from around the globe conceal functional concerns in addition to theoretical ideas, permitting the knowledge and alertness of the idea thinking about review in pronunciation.
Key good points of this publication include:
- Examination of key standards in pronunciation overview, together with intelligibility, comprehensibility and accentedness;
- Exploration of the effect of global Englishes and English as a Lingua Franca on pronunciation assessment;
- Evaluation of the validity and reliability of trying out, together with research of scoring methodologies;
- Discussion of present and destiny perform in assessing pronunciation through speech acceptance technology.
Assessment in moment Language Pronunciation is essential interpreting for college kids learning modules on pronunciation and language trying out and assessment.
Read or Download Assessment in Second Language Pronunciation PDF
Best linguistics books
How are relationships tested among the world's languages? this is often the most topical and so much arguable questions in modern linguistics. The critical goals of this booklet are to respond to this query, to chop throughout the controversies, and to give a contribution to analyze in far-off genetic relationships.
This e-book explores the function of identification in adolescent international language studying to supply facts that an identity-focused process could make a distinction to success in schooling. It makes use of either in-depth exploratory interviews with language freshmen and a cross-sectional survey to supply a different glimpse into the id dynamics that newcomers have to deal with of their interplay with contradictory relational contexts (e.
Arabic-English-Arabic criminal Translation offers a groundbreaking research of the problems present in felony translation among Arabic and English. Drawing on a contrastive-comparative technique, it analyses parallel genuine felony records in either Arabic and English to envision the good points of felony discourse in either languages and discover the various translation options used.
What can oral poetic traditions educate us approximately language and the human brain? Oral Poetics has produced insights correct not just for the learn of conventional poetry, but in addition for our normal realizing of language and cognition: formulaic sort as a fabricated from rehearsed improvisation, the thematic structuring of conventional narratives, or the poetic use of good points from daily speech, between many others.
- Hispano-romanisches Namenbuch (Patronymica Romanica) (German Edition)
- Arabic in the Fray
- John Calvin's American Legacy
- Translation, Subjectivity, and Culture in France and England, 1600-1800
- Recent Contributions to Quantitative Linguistics (Quantitative Linguistics [QL])
- Zum Problem der Interpretierbarkeit von Filmen: Dargestellt an ausgewählten Filmen von David Lynch (German Edition)
Extra resources for Assessment in Second Language Pronunciation