By James Phelan,Peter J. Rabinowitz
- Comprises 35 unique essays written by way of top figures within the field
- Includes contributions from pioneers within the box comparable to Wayne C. sales space, Seymour Chatman, J. Hillis Miller and Gerald Prince
- Represents the entire significant severe techniques to narrative and investigates and debates the kin among them
- Considers narratives in several disciplines, akin to legislation and medicine
- Features analyses of various media, together with movie, song, and painting
- Designed to be of curiosity to experts, but available to readers with little earlier wisdom of the field
Read or Download A Companion to Narrative Theory (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar rhetoric books
Over a interval of over 40 years, Geoffrey Leech has made impressive contributions to the sector of literary stylistics, utilizing the interaction among linguistic shape and literary functionality as a key to the mystery of the way a textual content involves be invested with inventive power. In this e-book, seven prior papers and articles, learn formerly merely by way of a limited viewers, were introduced together with 4 new chapters, the complete quantity displaying a continuity of procedure throughout a interval whilst all too frequently literary and linguistic reports have looked as if it would go with the flow additional aside.
In Praising women, Henrietta Rix wooden explores how traditional schoolgirls engaged in impressive rhetorical actions throughout the past due 19th and early 20th centuries within the usa. targeting highschool women’ public writing, wooden analyzes newspaper editorials and articles, inventive writing tasks, yearbook entries, and literary magazines, revealing how younger ladies hired epideictic rhetoric—traditionally used to compliment and blame in ceremonial situations—to outline their person and collective identities.
Economies of Writing advances scholarship on political economies of writing and writing guideline, contemplating them when it comes to path topic, pedagogy, know-how, and social perform. Taking the "economic" as an important element of departure and competition for the sector, the gathering insists that writing matters are necessarily contributors in political markets of their attention of different types of valuation, creation, and circulate of data with exertions and with capital.
This ebook explores artistic writing and its quite a few relationships to schooling via a few brief, evocative chapters written by way of key gamers within the box. from time to time arguable, the booklet provides matters, rules and pedagogic practices relating to inventive writing in and round schooling, with a spotlight on greater schooling.
- Superchurch: The Rhetoric and Politics of American Fundamentalism (Rhetoric & Public Affairs)
- Rhetorics, Literacies, and Narratives of Sustainability (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication)
- Executing Democracy: Volume One: Capital Punishment & the Making of America, 1683-1807 (Rhetoric & Public Affairs)
- The Writing Center Director's Resource Book
- Transiciones: Pathways of Latinas and Latinos Writing in High School and College
Extra info for A Companion to Narrative Theory (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)